Click on the links below for more information about our area!
- Staunton River Battlefield, location of a skirmish where Southern reserves fought off Yankee soldiers near the end of the Civil War.
- Thomas Day Tour <li
- South Boston Speedway, home of NASCAR-style auto racing.
- South Boston Museum of Fine Arts and History
- Buggs Island/Kerr Lake, a half hour east of Oak Grove, it has boating, swimming, fishing in a man-made lake behind Kerr Dam.
- Halifax County Chamber of Commerce
- Virginia International Raceway, also in Halifax County, features major auto, motorcycle and chump car races every year.
- Halifax County Community Calendar
- The Prizery, the primary theater featuring summer musicals and winter plays and musical events. It is located in a former tobacco warehouse.
- Bob Cage’s Sculpture Garden is a must-see on any trip. A local artist created huge sculptures on his land, which is also grazed by goats.
- Halifax County Bike Routes. The county is perfect for wide-open rides on lightly traveled roads, with gentle, rolling terrain. Husband Mike will lead you on a ride if you’d like.
- Virginia Birding and WildlifeTrail
- Halifax County Tourism
- South of Dan Historical Tour
- Halifax County Courthouse
- Clarkton Bridge
- Local Wineries
Other Helpful Links