Most of our guests love our bed & breakfast. “Warm hospitality in a peaceful country setting,” wrote one customer. “Oak Grove is the very best place I could have hoped for!” wrote another. Still, you may not want to come if:
- You hate dogs. We have two very friendly standard poodles who love to be petted. We are a dog-friendly B&B, and our guests can bring their dogs and stay in the Library. Solution: Let us know you don’t like dogs and stay in the family suite.
- You want a place close to the city. We are an hour from Durham but about two hours from Richmond and 4 ½ hours from Washington. Solution: You can take a train or stay longer. Time your trips to avoid weekday or weekend rush times.
- You want to watch TV. We say we skipped the 20th Century: We do not have a TV but we do have wi-fi for streaming your favorite shows to your computer.
- You and your friend prefer breakfast alone rather than with others in the dining room. Solution: It can be arranged, if you wish.
- You are startled by train whistles. One-hundred-car trains travel a quarter mile from the house several times a day. Solution: We can provide earplugs, but the trains don’t bother most people who are used to city noises. Many run to see the trains and photograph them.
- You want shops and restaurants within walking distance. Solution: Drive to South Boston and walk to the interesting local shops and restaurants.